There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
At General Motors we strive for a culture of excellence. We act with integrity. We are driven by ingenuity and innovation. We have the courage to do and say what’s difficult. Each of us takes accountability for results, drives for continued efficiencies and has the tenacity to win.
We are seeking Industrial Engineer interns to do hands-on work that would have the opportunity to add directly to the bottom line of our culture and our company. You would be responsible for the analyzing efficiency of manufacturing operations and changes related to personnel, material, machines and facilities. Work involves leadership ability, critical thinking and communication skills. Exercises independent determinations with mentorship from supervisors.
- Confirms or recommends changes to layouts, labor control and/or material control
- Frequent contact with others outside the work group
- Assists in developing accurate methods and optimum operation layout
- Makes operation descriptions and performs the vital calculations to complete studies and change routines or other systems of labor and material control
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Willing to work in a plant environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities or service organizations
- Strong leadership skills, to guide project teams through planning, execution and insight phases
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, especially the ability to synthesize large amounts of data involving multiple variables into comprehensive, applicable insights
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing timelines and goals
- Willingness to ask questions, take initiative and be resourceful and inventive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill sophisticated subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a rapidly moving environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
- Deliver new and creative solutions to sophisticated problems
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2022 Student Program.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.