There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
As a Manufacturing Engineer in the rotational program, you will rotate through a series of positions and assignments in plant and corporate staff locations throughout the United States sought to cultivate development and to educate. These positions are hands-on and engaging. You will learn problem solving on the fly, to work collaboratively with many members of the team, and be able to flex your creative muscles. Most assignments will be located in Warren, MI or Vehicle Assembly Plants in MI. Examples of Global Vehicle Systems Engineer assignments include:
* Programming of manufacturing technology
* Analyze product, process and technology to craft best methods to paint & assemble vehicles, and protect the manufacturing process
* Recommend and validate improvement for existing processes
* Develop tools to improve program/project management
* Support development of cybersecurity tools for manufacturing
* Assists in the design and building of tools and equipment
* Assists maintenance personnel in operation and maintenance of specialized equipment
* Troubleshoots special maintenance and equipment problems
* Coordinate machinery upgrade projects
About Global Manufacturing Engineering – Vehicle Systems
* Responsible for all value-added systems from exit of Body Shop through shipping of finished vehicle
* Develop & Validate new Manufacturing Technologies and BOE for Automation, Paint, and General Assembly Shops
* Develop Processes, Machine & Equipment and Tools for 50+ Assembly Plants, 40+ Stamping Plants, and approximately 30 launches each year globally
* Develop assembly processes for future vehicle models
* Develop, Validate, and Maintain Common Conveyance Systems and Controls
* Develop, Validate, and Maintain Cybersecurity Technology to create a secure factory
* Teams work collaboratively with other centers to reduce energy and waste globally
Job locations can be at Manufacturing Engineering headquarters in Warren, Michigan or in various plant locations throughout the U.S. Plant locations may include:
* Warren, MI
* Flint, MI
* Lansing, MI
* Orion, MI
* Fort Wayne (Roanoke), IN
* Arlington, TX
* Bowling Green, KY
* Spring Hill, TN
* Wentzville, MO
* Fairfax, KS
* Parma, OH
Some travel may be required to suppliers and manufacturing plants.
* Possess or currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering Technology, Mechatronics, Robonautics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology, Controls Engineering, Controls Systems Engineering or Construction Management
* Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
* Graduating April 2021 through June 2022
* Knowledge of statistical methods as applied to experimental design and process development
* Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
* Emerging partnership and collaboration skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
* High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, take initiative/self-directed
* Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
* Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
Relocation assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.