There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
About This Internship
This internship will be with our Company Vehicle Operations (CVO) team, who oversees the inventory of finished vehicles that are used by our senior employees and testing engineers. In the CVO team our mission is to provide high quality service to our Company Vehicle customers while supporting GM’s vision, values, and behaviors. As the Global Business Solutions – Transportation Services intern you will:
- Support a special inventory allocation project
- Collaborate with our supplier company in managing our finished vehicle inventories
- Work with a divers group of teams across General Motors
- Find inventory efficiencies
- Implement transformative business solutions
- Currently pursuing a degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a like field
- Graduating between December 2022 and June 2023
- Demonstrated leadership in the field of study, and a high aptitude for process oversight
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience working with vendors, co-employment, and budgets
- Understanding and/or experience in effective inventory management
- Prior experience planning events
- Ability to oversee end to end processes and policy controls
- Knowledge of risk management best practices
- Curious mindset and a desire to learn
- Strong relationship management ability
- Goal-oriented focus
- High level of integrity and ability to handle ambiguity
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2022 Student Program.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.