U.S. Pharmaceutical Technical Development (PTDU) develops and supports manufacturing processes, formulations, delivery devices, analytical methods, packaging solutions and materials to meet end-to-end (discovery to commercialization) development needs of Genentech’s protein pharmaceutical pipeline through innovation, efficiency, and collaboration to enable the delivery of novel medicines that can meet the critical needs of patients. We are currently recruiting for positions in the Process Development Rotation Program (PDRP) in U.S. Pharmaceutical Technical Development in South San Francisco, CA, to begin employment in August 2022. PDRP associates will experience four different six-month assignments over the course of two years in areas within the process development organization. At the end of this two-year period, associates will have the opportunity to transition into a position within a specific area in U.S. Pharmaceutical Technical Development.
This program provides a broad perspective and appreciation of the development of new processes, methods and technologies at different production scales in the biotechnology industry. PDRP associates will have the opportunity to work on challenging technical projects in different areas supporting the development of protein therapeutics, including: cell culture & fermentation development, purification development, analytical development & protein characterization, formulation development, device development, and digital sciences.
Candidates applying for PDRP should be: passionate about science/engineering, exceptionally productive, data-driven and thoroughly enjoy the challenges associated with complex problem-solving. Candidates must be highly self-motivated and willing to work independently or as part of multi-disciplinary teams that strive to ensure the delivery of Genentech’s protein pharmaceutical pipeline.
- Recent graduates (less than two years from the start date of the program since graduating from a B.S., B.A. or M.S. program)
- Disciplines: chemical and biochemical engineering, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, biomedical engineering, bioengineering, microbiology, biology, computer science, data science or related disciplines
- Strong technical and hands-on lab skills
- Strong critical thinking, communication (verbal and written), and collaboration skills
- High scholastic achievement (include your GPA on your resume)
- Experience working in research labs or industrial internships is highly desirable
- Experience working with biologics (proteins, cells, mRNA, DNA) and related technical skills are also desirable
- Individuals with an affinity for organizing, synthesizing, and presenting data using either front-end/back-end programming or scripting are highly encouraged to apply