We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral fellow to study microbiota-mucosal interactions in Man-Wah Tan’s laboratory in the Infectious Diseases Department. The successful applicant will have deep knowledge of and strong technical skills in microbial genetics, immunology or microbe-host interactions. The postdoctoral fellow will initiate a research project to investigate interactions between commensal microbiota and the host at the mucosal surface at the molecular level.
- Recent PhD and/or MD degree in the field of microbiology, immunology, cell biology or microbe-host interactions
- Direct experience in applying basic laboratory techniques relating to the above disciplines
- Experience with culturing and genetic manipulation of microbiota, organoids, imaging and new microscopy techniques is a plus
- A record of innovative scientific accomplishments as evidenced by one or more first author paper published or accepted in a well-recognized peer-reviewed journal
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are also needed
More information about Man-Wah Tan’s Lab:
More Information about the Genentech Postdoctoral Program: