Scientific Communications Intern
Duration: 12 weeks with opportunity to extend
Time Commitment: 10-20 hours/week
Geneial is looking for an energetic and self-motivated Scientific Communications Intern to join our startup team. If you’re an ambitious individual who wants to work in scientific communications and public relations, and who enjoys working with people, then we want to work with you! Your work will include helping the founding team with technical writing including white papers, grant proposals, and helping us bring awareness to rare diseases and cancer. You will also assist with interviewing people who suffer from rare diseases and cancers and their researchers, and in creating web content focused on rare disease and cancer advocacy. In addition to being an excellent communicator and writer, you should have excellent multitasking and organizational abilities.
- Drafting and preparation of technical and semi-technical documents including white papers, grant proposals, press releases, and web content.
- Helping build content to bring awareness to rare diseases and cancer.
- Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content.
- Assist with daily administrative duties.
- Communications or Marketing major
- Familiarity with technical writing for biotech
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a passion for writing and interacting with people
- Outstanding multitasking abilities
- Work samples