GBH enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
GBH Radio 89.7FM broadcasts local, national, and international news and talk shows all day from 5AM to 8PM. GBH News team covers and produces local and national news including in-depth feature stories and interviews, covering a wide range of topics.
The K-12 education intern will support the work of K-12 Reporter. The intern will monitor social media for K-12 news and produce promos about the reporter’s coverage for social media. On occasion, the intern may also be called upon to cover news stories and produce cut-scripts for radio broadcast or articles to be published online.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, doing background research online, identifying potential sources and their contact information, monitoring news conferences and public meetings, recording sound from Zoom and in-person news conferences and public meetings. Being bilingual in Spanish a major plus.
- Provide background research online, identifying potential sources and their contact information.
- Monitor news conferences and public meetings.
- Record sound from Zoom and in-person news conferences and public meetings.
- Must be able to perform research.
- Must be familiar with local news with interest in the topics related to K-12.
- Must be familiar with recording devices and technology.
- Knowledge of news, current events and lawmakers/government leaders at the local, state, and national level.
- Being bilingual in Spanish is highly desired.
Paid Internship $15/hour (Part-time)
GBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative areas.
SPRING 2022 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Spring 2022 Virtual Internship dates: January 24th – April 22nd
- You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram:
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.