GBH enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
The GBH Development Division includes major annual giving, restricted giving, gift planning & endowment, foundation development, prospect research, development operations, special events, and board relations. The division is responsible for raising funds from those who can support at a significant level for annual operating, capital, and directed gifts, and the endowment. It is also responsible for the management and development of GBH’s governing and ambassadorial boards.
Reporting to the Manager of Board Relations, the Development Assistant for Board Relations will provide support in all activities of the Board Relations department—including communications, calendaring and scheduling of internal meetings, board committee meetings and Trustee and Advisor board meetings, board member stewardship, database management and a variety of administrative tasks.
The diverse functions of this position require the ability to effectively juggle competing priorities, initiative, and sound decision-making. Clear written and verbal communication is necessary, as well as efficient office operations and procedures. This position will also be called upon as needed to assist with events. This position will require regular contact with a variety of staff, external and internal constituencies. Candidate should have an interest in development or public media, have strong interpersonal skills, have sound independent judgment, and be computer savvy. Flexibility, discretion, and confidentiality are required.
- Database Management: Maintain detailed board member/donor information in organizational Salesforce CRM system and SharePoint system. Track RSVPs and coordinate reports.
- Communications: Assist in all marketing and communications projects for the Board Relations team, which includes the monthly board newsletter, holiday cards, stewardship gifts, a selection of invitations, annual report list production.
- Meeting Preparation Logistics: reserve meeting space ahead of time, order catering if necessary, set up physical meeting space.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Project and time management experience.
- Ability to nurture relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to work with others.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and a solution-oriented approach to technology.
- Familiarity with databases, preferably Salesforce CRM system.
- The candidate should possess excellent judgment and discretion, be a collaborative, team player, and be able to prioritize tasks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- The candidate should have 0-2 years or more related or transferable experience.
This is a staff position
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.