We are seeking a full-time Design Engineer Intern for our headquarters in the greater Kansas City area. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing electronic circuits, equipment, systems, and/or products under supervision.
- Design, debug, and test digital, analog, Radio Frequency (RF), and/or Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC)
- Follow test procedures to verify product compliance to all applicable regulations and quality guidelines
- Prepare test data and reports to determine if the proposed design meets functional and performance specifications
- Learn and use software tools and test equipment to formulate and test electronic designs and complete documentation of a design in the required formats
- Interface with Test Engineers and factory personnel on the testing, production and manufacturing of products
- Perform cost/performance tradeoff analysis of different circuit options and investigate the usage of the latest components and technologies
- Completed coursework in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related field
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
- Knowledge and/or experience with test equipment and software tools for electronics design, testing and documentation
- Outstanding academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.5)
- Previous work or internship experience with circuit design for consumer or aviation products
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.