We are seeking a full-time Design Engineer 1 for our headquarters in the greater Kansas City area. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing basic analog, digital and/or RF circuits, equipment, and/or systems.
- Perform basic schematic design and PCB layout
- Complete basic troubleshooting and debugging of electronic circuits and/or systems
- Design test boards and circuit modifications to test design improvements
- Test circuits designed by other engineers and document the test results
- Identify and resolve defects of basic scope using proper engineering tools and techniques
- Apply design standards and procedures using appropriate engineering tools to document and implement basic designs in an organized manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
- Must demonstrate the capability to apply design standards and procedures to develop basic analog, digital and/or RF designs/circuits including simulations, schematics, PCB layouts and evaluation
- Must demonstrate the ability to learn how to use and apply engineering tools specific to electrical engineering (e.g. multimeters, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, schematic design and PCB layout programs, etc.)
- Must demonstrate the capability to perform basic troubleshooting & debugging
- Outstanding academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.5)
- Previous work or internship experience with circuit design for consumer or aviation products
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.