FTI Consulting’s Real Estate Solutions Group is dedicated to the real estate and finance industries. The Real Estate Advisory team advises clients across the deal life cycle to strategize, structure, due diligence, integrate, value and communicate around a transaction. We serve global public and private real estate companies, including owners/developers, REITs, financial institutions, private equity funds, insurance companies, family offices as well as origination and securitization lenders.
What You’ll Do
The Business Tax Advisory group is seeking a Consultant to join their growing team! This is a great opportunity for an up-and-coming tax professional to play a significant role on the real estate tax client-service team. This candidate will possess compliance skills as well as the ability to grow technically. Excellent interpersonal skills are required for this team-oriented position. Candidate will be responsible for preparation of tax returns, researching tax issues, and creating tax work papers and documentation.
- Preparation of Corporate and Partnership tax returns.
- Creating supporting tax return work papers and documentation of all tax positions and conclusions.
- Researching tax issues and client inquiries.
- Gaining knowledge of the client’s business and staying current on their industries and related tax matters.
- Demonstrating professionalism and developing collaborative skills in dealing with internal and external clients.
- Use of technology to enhance and streamline the tax preparation and reporting process
- Assisting in development of potential opportunities and contacts for Real Estate Solutions. Assisting in proposal process.
- Continuation of your educational and career growth through self-study, CPA exam preparation and internal/external CPE courses.
- Ability to work in a high paced, changing environment while staying focused on client needs.
How You’ll Grow
You will have direct access to leadership with defined long-term planning to ensure continued success and career trajectory with direct development.
- Challenging, fast- paced and flexible
- Collaborative team approach
- Focus on professional and career growth
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting
- 1+ Years of Tax Experience
- CPA or CPA Candidate Preferred
- Prior experience in Public Accounting a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and accounting or audit knowledge
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices