FTI is seeking a Software/Cloud Developer Intern. Qualified interns must be actively enrolled in a software engineering discipline and have experience with object-oriented programing and experience with Docker/Kubernetes. This position will be filled through out Lavon Jordan Internship program. The Lavon Jordan Internship celebrates diversity and aims to foster an inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse communities in which we do business. FTI hopes to provide career opportunities and development to historically underrepresented individuals to support and foster the next generation of diverse leaders in the information technology business field. This internship awards interns both full-time or part-time flexibility, competitive compensation, and an Intern Featured overview on FTI’s LinkedIn page. Ideal candidates will be located in Dayton, OH or Chesapeake, VA, but qualified candidates will be considered for Work at Home.
Applications or required documents will not be accepted after February 4th , 2022.
- Support designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging new and existing software systems and/or applications (cloud and/or in-house).
- Participate in software design meetings and consult with end-users to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Work alongside experienced software developers, architects, and engineers and gain experience in formal software development processes, requirements analysis, software design, and software testing disciplines.
- Create multiple functions (in Docker containers) to be put into workflows.
- Create sample datasets to use the workflows and assist in user acceptance testing of code.
- Must be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited institution in a STEM discipline (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering).
- Kubernetes or Docker cloud development experience.
- Object Oriented programming experience with Java, Python, or C++.
- Must have a graduation date later than Spring 2022.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Be an individual from historically underrepresented populations; including, but not limited to minorities, women, persons who identify as LGBTQ+, and persons with disabilities.
*Note: After you submit your application, please send the following required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your unofficial transcript with your current GPA.
- Submit 500-word essay that tells us about yourself, including what experiences have made you the person you are today, what Diversity & Inclusion means to you, and how this internship would be beneficial to your personal and professional development.
- Two personal/professional written references.