Freedman Consulting, LLC: Staff Writer
Freedman Consulting, LLC, a strategic consulting firm, seeks an ambitious, agile, and creative Staff Writer to generate dynamic content for a new web platform dedicated to defining and elevating the rapidly growing and evolving public-sector innovation movement. The Staff Writer will join a team of content and research professionals already working in partnership with Bloomberg Philanthropies on the growing Bloomberg Cities Network.
The Staff Writer will work internally across a growing team as well as with foundation and academic partners. S/he/they will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and bring creative thinking to content development. S/he/they will ensure the stories they report and write are compelling, engaging, and dynamic by maintaining a close eye on foundation objectives and the engagement trends of city hall changemakers in order to help the team meet the objectives of both.
Freedman Consulting, LLC, located in Washington, D.C.*, offers strategic consulting services to foundations, nonprofit organizations, and philanthropic coalitions, partnering with many of the nation’s leading philanthropic institutions. Our work includes strategic planning and issue landscaping for major foundations, campaign advising and coordination for public interest coalitions, and policy development for a variety of advocacy and political campaigns.
Primary responsibilities for the Staff Writer include:
· Reporting and writing news briefs and feature stories—primarily for publication on the Bloomberg Cities Network website, but also for internal purposes on occasion.
· Staying on top of the latest news, trends, innovations, and strategies in the public-sector innovation movement—both by keeping abreast of the relevant literature and by building and maintaining a network of sources throughout the space.
· Managing and building relationships with foundation and academic partners to ensure their goals and expectations are integrated into the team’s editorial calendar.
· Identifying dynamic, new ways to present web content and implementing strategies to engage readers.
· Expected occasional domestic and international travel to report stories and for client meetings.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience including two or more years of relevant reporting, writing, and web publishing experience is required. A history of working in journalism, relevant government, or policy focused organizations is preferred. Candidates should have an interest in public-sector innovation tools, strategies, and practices. Must demonstrate the ability to quickly distill complex topics and be able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Successful applicants will have a high level of creativity and the ability to think outside the box. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and three writing samples (link or document) to SW@tfreedmanconsulting.com.
Freedman Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Freedman Consulting does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
*All Freedman Consulting employees are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 crisis and new employees would work remotely until conditions are determined safe for office reopening.