We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The Accounting Intern is primarily responsible for providing support to the Finance Department with a focused effort on Accounts Payable processing and maintenance of users for time and expense entry. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Accounts Payable entry.
- New employee set-up and maintenance in the accounting system, to support time and expense entry.
- Invoicing support – includes gathering supporting documentation.
- Provide assistance to accountants and analysts on various tasks, which may include researching and gathering data for further analysis.
- Assist with various projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Review and update written procedures and assist in creating efficiencies in processes.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Current enrollment in a college degree program
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must have strong computer skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
- Detail oriented with attention to accuracy required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems.
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Pay Ranges: $18.00-$22.00 per hour.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Noise Level is typically moderate.
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Franklin Energy implements the use of dash cams inside their fleet of leased vehicles because the Company believes video surveillance devices (Dash Cams) promote the safety of employees as well as security within the company vehicles. The Company will not use video surveillance (Dash Cams) for any unlawful purpose including monitoring employees or giving the impression of monitoring. Our Dash Cam Policy applies to all employees of the Company and temporary agency employees, regardless of whether an employee or temporary agency employee may be driving or riding in Company Vehicles. The primary use of Dash Cams is to assist in the protection and safety of employees and property, prevention, and detection of criminal offenses such as vehicle vandalism and break-ins and staged-accident fraud, defense of legal claims, driver exoneration, and driver training and improvement.