As a designer at Forward, you have a unique opportunity to redesign healthcare from the ground up. Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe with a vastly improved user experience—easier, more accessible, and massively more effective.
We’re looking for designers to define this new world. As an early member of our design team, you’ll have a key role in defining Forward’s user experience, developing novel products and services, and evolving our first products. You’ll partner with an incredible group of world-class doctors, leaders, product managers, engineers and operators, within a culture that deeply prioritizes design and user experience.
We’re highly funded by top investors, and since launching in 2017 have expanded nationwide. We’re looking for passionate, mission-oriented individuals to work with—we’re just getting started.
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
‘Forward at Home’ Product Launch [TechCrunch]
“Health Moves Forward” [CEO Blog Post]
Forward Doctors Respond to COVID-19 [FastCompany]
What You’ll Do:
- Create designs that will directly contribute to saving and improving people’s lives
- Work with a top-tier team of fellow designers from IDEO, Uber and Amazon, and alongside founders, leaders, and PMs from Google, Tesla, Airbnb and more
- Combine the best of humans and technology to deliver an amazing user experience and design how the world’s first at-scale healthcare system should work
- Evolve and reinvent our clinics, Smart Screens, Body Scanners, mobile app, web platform, and custom clinical software and hardware, as well as new platforms
- Engage across the end to end design process, from concepting, prototyping and testing, refinement, and shipping
- Contribute to a supportive design culture with Forward’s design team, including collaborating with other designers and participating in design critiques and reviews
- Actively work with key stakeholders and leadership to drive decisions and design directions
- Work with expert clinicians to improve their tools and patient outcomes
- Partner with product managers and engineers to bring products to life—Forward ships products within days to a few months
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years experience designing and shipping digital products
- Design decisions grounded in user research, metrics, and business goals
- A commitment to personal development and a learning mindset
- Can navigate ambiguity—a lot of Forward is designed from scratch, with a first-principles mindset and a question of “what’s possible?”
- Thriving in an environment of cross-functional collaboration and shared successes
- Mission-led motivation with an appetite for challenging problems
- Proficient with design systems, design patterns, and accessibility
- Strong prototyping skills and a proven ability to clearly convey ideas and reasoning
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry – we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.