MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
San Jose, CA
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of semiconductor test and measurement products used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, agile, growing company that values diversity of thought and constantly strives for a more diverse, inclusive environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
This position is responsible for probe card mechanical design, assembly process development, documentation, transfer and training. The mechanical engineer will provide product performance characterization, probe card manufacturing and field issue support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design of probe card mechanicals, development test vehicles and tooling fixtures
- Responsible for design drawing and BOM generation, release and maintenance
- Responsible for probe card mechanical assembly process development, work instruction and production training
- Support probe card integration engineers for product characterization
- Support production or customer application on mechanical assembly related issues
- Take responsibility to recommend and execute on corrective actions
- Perform other job-related duties as requested or assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- MS in Mechanical Engineering, or a related engineering field.
- 0 -3 years of experience or equivalent
- Required strong Internship
- Experience in mechanical component & assembly design and detailing, structural analysis, and material selection
- Knowledge of GD&T , stack-up analysis, design-for-manufacturing principles and machine shop practices
- Required software skills: Solidworks, AutoCAD, MS Office. Experience with JMP and MATLAB a plus.
- Attention to detail and willingness to assume responsibility for designs and projects
- Ability to multitask and consistently deliver high quality output
- Comfort working with a wide variety of different functions including R&D, Process Integration, and Operations to effectively accomplish tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.