Senior Manager, Quality Systems & Materials Compliance
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of probe cards used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee contributes to our culture of integrity, innovation, and teamwork. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
This position will serve the FormFactor Probes Business Unit.
In this position, you will have responsibility for Quality Systems and supporting tools such as the Learning Management System (LMS), 8D, SPC, FMEA, APQP, MSA. You will be responsible for Quality tool training for site level Product Quality and Engineering teams in the Business Unit, and ISO 9001 maintenance for certified sites.
You will also coordinate and manage assessments and audit activity related to Customer Quality and Sustainability requirements. As part of the Materials Compliance responsibilities for this role, you will help ensure the conformance of the materials and components of the FormFactor Probes Business Unit products with global Environmental and Sustainability Regulations. This includes accountability for tracking relevant Environmental and Sustainability Regulations globally, evaluating and maintaining Materials Compliance from design to launch, managing compliance databases for Bill of Materials (BOM) through the delivery of Materials Compliance documentation and certification at Component and Probe Card levels.
This Senior Manager will have line management responsibility for a current staff of 2 and will work closely with stakeholders within the Business Unit and at Corporate levels, including site level Quality Engineering teams, Production, Development and Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, HR, and Legal organizations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing, executing, and leading global cross-site Quality strategies in alignment with FormFactor Probes BU objectives.
- Prepare sites and sustain readiness for external audits.
- Direct interface and lead to external audit bodies for on-site and virtual visits.
- Identify quality process training needs throughout the organization and develop training plans to build quality awareness.
- Business Unit ownership of the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Research and track applicable global and regional Environmental and Sustainability Regulations, Directives, Acts, Initiatives and Policies, such as US EPA Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), European Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive, and Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH).
- Monitor the development of new global Environmental and Sustainability Regulations, and any updates in the existing Regulations.
- Maintain Restricted Materials Management processes within the FFI Probes Business Unit, and develop/implement Probes Business Unit-wide processes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Science & Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of Quality Management Experience or related occupation, semiconductor industry experience preferred.
- Possess comprehensive understanding of quality tools (8D, SPC, FMEA, MSA, APQP, etc.).
- Experience managing ISO9001 certifications.
- Quality, or Lean/Six Sigma belt or additional experience leading the quality function in a manufacturing environment
- Experience implementing SPC into a manufacturing environment.
- Experience coordinating and managing Customer quality and business process audits.
- Excellent knowledge of global Environmental and Sustainability Regulations, Directives, Acts, Initiatives and Policies.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with Cross-Functional Teams effectively and multi-tasking efficiently, with high level of accountability and minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to learn new technologies and tools.
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.