Manufacturing Quality Engineer,
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of semiconductor test and measurement products used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, agile, growing company that values diversity of thought and constantly strives for a more diverse, inclusive environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overseeing and reporting on manufacturing and engineering processes performance.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers in determining corrective actions for quality event. Owner for internal and external 8D reporting for quality events assigned to manufacturing engineering.
- Provide the first point of contact for Product Quality or Field failures related to dutlet or wafer manufacturing. Organize first-level data package and response.
- Represent HVM manufacturing for Stop-Gap events and manufacturing issues where design is involved.
- Represents manufacturing engineering for design rule creation and sustaining to ensure new designs comply with fab capabilities.
- Owner for Probe Head FAB Yield reporting and Yield targets. Advise on design dependent factors in yield and manufacturing execution.
- Owner for Probe head FAB first pass yield. Responsible for reporting and investigation of yield excursions.
- Drive task forces investigating manufacturing issues and implement corrective actions using 8D methodology.
- Recommend strategy in manufacturing to reduce cost, improve cycle time, and increase yield.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- B.S. degree in MEMS, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or a related Engineering field
- 5+ years’ experience as production quality engineer, program management, and process development and transfer to production
- Experience in semiconductor or MEMS research/development and manufacturing environments
- Knowledge and solid understanding of standard semiconductor and/or MEMS processing
- Strong communication, data analysis, design of experiment (DOE) and statistical process control (SPC) skills are required
- Experience with leadership of cross-functional projects to successfully solve integration challenges
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma Manufacturing principles and practices. Black Belt certification is not required but preferred.
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.