The Test, Validation and Technical Operations team is an interdisciplinary team that supports the build of prototype DUTs (devices under test), and manages the test execution of these DUTs. As the development cycle continues to mature, there will be a transition to the product validation phase, and the requirements for this need to be established. The team’s main responsibilities are to support the design validation planning development requirements, and to enable the product reliability target requirements.
This co-op will work closely with the team Integration Manager as well as the Senior Reliability Engineer. The role is primarily a program management type role to specifically support this team. However, working closely with both the build and test execution teams will be critical to understanding the requirements of executing a design validation plan in terms of time, resources, and facility needs.
The ideal candidate should be willing and eager to ask questions, test out ideas and assumptions, and work on a highly cross-functional, fast-paced team. This will be a full-time, onsite Spring 2022 co-op position.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Reliability engineer to identify the test requirements and specifications for a robust DVP (design validation plan)
- Collaborate with the design team functions to ensure that test protocols are aligned with the latest understanding for lifecycle testing
- Establish timing and resource plans to help define facility, equipment and resource needed to execute the DVP
- Start to define the metrics that will be critical to communicate the status of validation to key company stakeholders
- Support the development of a new database system for managing and tracking DVP status
- Work with various R&D component team members on various projects based on your skills/interests and Form’s top priorities
What You’ll Bring:
- Pursuing a graduate degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, with experience in managing projects
- Experience using Google suite tools as well as program management tools such as Gantt charts
- An ability to work autonomously and operate in a multi-functional diverse team
- A desire to operate in a product management type role within an engineering field
- Battery experience not required