As a Battery Product Management Intern, you will play a pivotal role in driving the product strategy for new products and applications in our long-term roadmap. The Battery Product Management team is responsible for specifying the long-term market opportunities and product requirements needed to build winning energy storage technologies that will decarbonize our whole electricity system – from residential to grid-scale solutions. In this role, you will collaborate with our Form Futures team, our team of creative innovators researching next-generation battery technologies, to validate new market opportunities that will emerge over the next decade.
This graduate-school level internship will begin in the Spring of 2022.
What You’ll Do:
- Quantify long-term energy storage market trends, competitive dynamics, across application spaces (residential, commercial, industrial, grid-scale)
- Specify winning battery product requirements to unlock new market opportunities
- Partner with our analytics team to use our proprietary grid modeling software, Formware, to quantify battery economics, competitive dynamics, and winning battery specifications
- Quantify the business case for Form Energy, including total addressable market
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or physical sciences
- Master’s (or pursuing Master’s degree) in business, engineering, energy science
- Strong knowledge of U.S. electricity markets and clean energy technologies
- Deep understanding of battery technologies
- Experience with market sizing, segmentation, and competitive analyses
- Ability to distill analysis results into compelling business cases
- Outstanding analytical skills (Excel, Python)
- Enjoys the fast-paced, results-driven, dynamic environment of a startup