At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As we modernize our global manufacturing operations to include the most advanced technologies, we seek a highly creative Human Centered Designer/UX Designer to join our team. Using Design Thinking, you will guide engineers to create the factories of tomorrow with a keen focus on the needs of the people building the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us.
Our Human Centered Designers are grounded in deep empathy for users, creating seamless experiences for people in a constantly evolving environment. They participate in the entire design process, working with project teams to explore, design, prototype, and refine integrated digital-physical solutions that will elevate people’s work experience.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Coach teams taking on complex challenges as they design and implement technology supporting the future of manufacturing
- Design and facilitate workshops that enable teams to conceive, design, develop, test, and launch new products and services that seamlessly engage people
- Conduct design research, developing insights and user stories that inspire empathy-fueled action
- Collaborate on designing, running, and testing solutions through experiments and prototypes – from storytelling to functional prototypes
- Work closely with people as they develop and apply Design Thinking mindsets, methods, and tools in their everyday work
- Create, share, and iterate tools and methods for using Design Thinking
- Establish relationships across the organization and collaborate with stakeholders to consult on opportunities and learning needs
- Communicate the value of Design Thinking in engaging ways
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two or more years of experience in Human Centered Design, User Experience Design, Design Thinking, or related roles
Our preferred requirements
- Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience in relevant field
- 3+ years of experience in hands-on Human Centered Design craft(s). Examples might include interaction design, process design, systems design, visual design, qualitative and quantitative design research, Design Thinking
- Experience in workshop development and facilitation; additional coaching skills would be highly desirable
- Demonstrated success using creative creation tools such as InVision, Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), and video/audio creation and editing
- Knowledgeable regarding technology design and systems development
- Ability to thrive in a creative, fast-paced environment with ambiguity and complexity
- Demonstrated exceptional communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to gain trust and confidence
- Familiarity with digital technology development (software and hardware)
- Empathetic and passionate about improving user experiences
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://clicktime.symantec.com/34jag92XUFJYHaNge9RMLCD7Vc?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcorporate.ford.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fcorporate%2Fus%2Fen-us%2Fdocuments%2Fcareers%2F2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf