At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Working within our Marketing, Sales & Service organization gives you the opportunity to advance the Ford reputation as a visionary vehicle and mobility services company delivering a trusted customer experience. We’re looking for insightful individuals with the engineering, marketing, sales and service expertise to turn data-driven insights into innovative solutions that enhance sales and customer loyalty. If you have an audience-first mindset, join us and be the eyes, ears and voice of Ford.
What you’ll be able to do:
Design, release, and test electrical accessories for production, dealer, and Ford Performance Part programs. Product areas include RF wireless keypad entry, remote start, vehicle security, pro-power on board, interior and exterior lighting, trailer features – camera, tire pressure monitoring, BLIS and many others.
- Investigate and develop ideas for new product offerings
- Coordinate and complete Cost, Feasibility, and Timing (CFT) for electrical products
- Support testing, vehicle fitments, garage trials and installation instructions.
- Support compliance to Ford requirements, DVP&Rs, FMEAs, CDP&Rs and final engineering sign-off
- Interface with suppliers, planning, program management, base program, EESE and other teams
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or Computer Science
Our preferred requirements:
- BSEE, automotive electronics, systems, wiring or electrical accessories experience
- 2+ years design & release experience
- Experience with vehicle networks and/or diagnostic and CAN tools.
- Experience with Team Center or other CAD software, logical/physical schematics
- Knowledge of DFMEA, DVP&R & WERS, GPIRS, engineering requirements
- Technical aptitude, desire to learn, innovate and be curious
- Interest in automotive electrical accessories, wiring or vehicle networks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work well in teams
- Ability to manage numerous projects and suppliers
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf