The people of Ford Motor Credit Company have a 60-year commitment to helping put people behind the wheels of great Ford and Lincoln vehicles. By partnering with dealerships, we provide financing, personalized service, and professional expertise to five thousand dealers and more than four million customers in over 100 countries around the world. The software product organization within Ford Credit seeks to deeply understand our customer so that we may provide digital solutions that improve their ability to finance and own Ford and Lincoln vehicles.
Ford Credit’s new Product Organization is taking shape, with the formation of six teams designed to make it easier for product teams to truly obsess over improving the customer experience and, ultimately, help Ford Credit be a reason customers choose and stay with Ford. The new organization is made up of two parts – one focused on the end user (consumers, self-managed commercial and dealers) and one focused on the platforms that support these customers. The teams will not be doing this work alone. They will be calling on employee expertise and the requirements of the entire Ford Credit team, from business center operations, to sales, to risk and every team in between, to reach Ford Credit’s winning aspiration.
Ford Motor Credit Company’s User Experience 10-week summer internship is for college students pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Information, Data Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field.
We seek to provide challenging and engaging internship assignment such that you will maximize your learning and enjoyment of your time with us. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. Upon starting your internship, you will be placed on a small team and be given the context of a problem to solve for our customer. By the end of your internship, you will pitch and launch a tangible product to senior leadership. You will also be provided mentorship from a Mission Lead within the Product Organization to help guide you through your internship.
- Candidates must have completed at least one year of college
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Information, Data Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- A portfolio that displays creativity and reasoned solutions
- Interest (and experience) in customer acquisition and user experience
- Analytical and creative problem-solving situations
- Drive to research, learn, and implement digital product strategies
- Work well in a small team and individually, as well as be flexible to work on any aspect of the project as needed
- Great verbal and written communication skills
Our preferred qualifications:
- Experience leading entrepreneurial efforts and/or project management experience through class projects/clubs/or internships
- Analytical and solution-oriented background, with great people skills, and structural problem-solving capabilities
- Experience with
- Figma, Sketch, or similar
- Comfortable working and collaborating with cross-functional partnerships
- Ability to multitask while maintaining strong attention to detail
We believe that freedom of movement drives human progress. As part of this exciting program, you’ll enjoy a high level of involvement with an exceptional team of industry innovators and visionaries. You’ll contribute in a meaningful way to our important, breakthrough work. And you’ll develop the skills that will give you a significant edge in your future career pursuits.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.