The Business Analyst analyzes and provides recommendations on complex statistical data. The position’s primary functions include data manipulation, analysis and presentation. The Business Analyst provides strategic analysis to firm executive management, legal business units and administrative operations.
This is an ideal position for a candidate considering a future in business or law school. The position will interact directly with senior management and gain front-line experience in the operations of a professional services firm.
• Generate ad hoc analysis of KPIs and communicate findings to senior management
• Conceptualize, create and analyze statistical reports
• Build and present PowerPoint slide decks to disseminate actionable recommendations
• Synthesize market intelligence and peer benchmarking data to measure firm’s performance
• Troubleshoot financial reporting system and resolve data integrity issues
• Written, graphic and oral presentation skills
• Strong logical reasoning and analytical thinking
• Knowledge of financial concepts and financial reporting
• Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
• Advanced Excel, including expertise manipulating large sets of data
• Understanding of relational databases and SQL, or an aptitude to learn
• Bachelor’s Degree