FlashMonkey is an early-stage EdTech startup, based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are building a novel interactive learning and teaching platform for higher education — an actual learning tool we believe will help simplify life for both students and Faculties. We are creating an advanced, fun, and intuitive multimedia study system that organizes content, categorizes classes, and prioritizes studies. The integrated AI-powered platform identifies your learning style and uses psychological learning strategies, efficient for retaining knowledge long term. Our platform is based on a flashcard technology and can be used for studying any subject in principle.
We are looking for a graphic designer who has a professional education and/or experience with web- and application design tools and who has a good understanding of color, font, brand style identity and digital illustration.
Currently our website is functional. Now, we are looking to add some style and design that would not only make us stand out but will also make peoples’ jaws drop.
You will be responsible for the overall visual solution of both the website and the application.
Specifically, this will involve:
I. Visual appearance of the application
· Establish and maintain the look of the UI
· Upgrade the look of the software according to the principles and trends of digital design
· Improve aesthetics of UI elements, such as background patterns, tabs, buttons etc.
· Provide recommendations on visual identity of the software aligned with the branding style
II. Visual appearance of the website
· Create impressive visual look/ concept for our website
· Produce digital illustrations for the website that will not only appeal to our users but will also communicate the vision of the company
· Refine the look of the graphic components of the website, including colors, fonts, logo etc.
III. Graphic design for social media
· Design and scale FlashMonkey graphics for use in social media
· Work with the team to create attractive images, videos, infographics and other visual assets for marketing and communications
· Advise the team on visual aspects of educational and promotional materials
· Collaborate with the team to ensure the right graphic item is positioned in the right place to deliver value to our prospective customers.
We are considering different options of employment for this position, including internship, full-time, part-time and remote work options.
Internship opportunities. If you are a recent graduate or a senior student, this can be an excellent opportunity for you to build a portfolio and/ or to earn credit for your program. You will be actively involved in construction of visual identity for our company.
There are opportunities for a long-term position at our company in the creative arts department.