What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
The people who work in the Flagship ecosystem are bright and bold, passionate, dynamic, and driven. We are creative optimists. We collaborate, iterate, tolerate failure, and celebrate successful solutions to big problems. We encourage diversity and debate because we value the freedom to explore unconventional ideas in order to cultivate revolutionary breakthroughs in science and business.
We are seeking Research Associates/Senior Research Associates to support our In Vivo Pharmacology efforts. These individuals will be responsible for independently developing and performing studies in animal models across different disease areas. Additional responsibilities include applying a wide range of in-vitro and in-vivo approaches to understand the mechanism of action of various therapeutic agents. They will interact seamlessly with Discovery Biology and other Discovery groups to help execute on company strategy. The major focus of these positions will be the in-vivo evaluation of novel biological and small molecule therapeutic agents, including RNA based approaches that will support the drug discovery efforts across multiple programs from target validation to identification of clinical candidates.
Responsibilities may include:
- Conduct in vivo procedures to evaluate efficacy of therapy candidates in rodent models, primarily mice
- Contribute to study design, planning and performing in vivo studies related to pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and efficacy studies from early exploratory to IND stage
- Perform standard mouse procedures including plasma/serum collection, IV injections, necropsies, and tissue collection in compliance with established protocols
- Data entry into animal management software
- BS or MS in pharmacology or related scientific field
- 4+ years of academic in vivo experience or 2+ years of industry experience
- Proficient in standard in-vivo techniques (animal handling, blood collection, dosing, necropsy, tissue dissections)
- Execution of both efficacy as well as PK/PD models in rodents
- Familiar with IACUC and compliance requirements Familiar with IACUC and compliance requirements
- Working knowledge of gene-based therapy approaches (gene regulation, RNA medicine, gene therapy, gene editing, and/or gene silencing) preferred but not required
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.