What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
The people who work in the Flagship ecosystem are bright and bold, passionate, dynamic, and driven. We are creative optimists. We collaborate, iterate, tolerate failure, and celebrate successful solutions to big problems. We encourage diversity and debate because we value the freedom to explore unconventional ideas in order to cultivate revolutionary breakthroughs in science and business
We are seeking individuals who are enthusiastic about developing, learning, and applying computational skills to join our passionate team of scientists. The Research Associate/Senior Research Associate positions will execute and contribute to building computational analysis pipelines, to derive insights from data, and help guide experimental design.
Successful candidates will be self-starters, able to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented team environment and display a clear passion for science and impact. The individual will have demonstrated evidence of agility and nimbleness to progress scientific discoveries, and an overt attitude of positivity when facing challenges. The candidate will be dedicated to develop and grow outside their comfort zone by constantly learning.
Responsibilities may include:
- Learn, maintain, and execute computational pipelines for guiding experimental design, and analyzing next-generation sequencing data
- Support development and application of bioinformatics, computational biology, and machine learning tools to generate insights and hypotheses from high-dimensional molecular datasets, with an initial focus on time-series sc/snRNA-seq and genomic data
- Work with teams to develop and apply novel ML models on clinical data
- Extract information from literature and large public databases for predictive model refinement and real-world applications
- Write code to automate computational workflows
- BS or MS in computer science, math, bioinformatics, or related disciplines
- For RA positions 0-2 years’ experience, for SRA 3+ years of experience, in academic or industry setting, relevant to bioinformatics, computational biology, machine learning or related field
- Proficiency programming in Python. Experience with R is a plus
- Familiarity with some of the following: molecular biology concepts, NGS, Linux, AWS, Jupyter
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.