What does a great Software Engineer do?
As a .NET Software Engineer, you will be a part of small but growing team of talented people responsible for customizing and implementing a sophisticated enterprise banking software solution platform in a fast-paced results-oriented environment. The ideal candidate will have a background in software programming and consulting with experience working directly with clients as well as internal project managers and other development resources. The environment is .NET with a SQL backend and each project contains integrations with third party vendors including proprietary credit union and bank host systems. Relationship building is an important aspect of the position, where the individual will focus on securing strong professional relationships with clients in anticipation of additional customizations and product add-on sales in the future.
In this role, you can look forward to:
• Installing, configuring, customizing, upgrading, supporting and troubleshooting all technical issues related to the internet banking solution within both on premise and hosted environments for both desktop and mobile platforms
• Working directly with clients to understand business needs, define requirements, quote projects
• Building, testing, implementing and launching the solutions proposed.
• Working directly with third party vendors to define technical requirements and customize, configure and implement solutions to interface with various external systems
• Hands on development and resolution of all technical issues within an on premise and hosted client environment
• Working with senior management to define and implement technical processes and procedures within department focusing on client satisfaction and efficiency
• Working closely with Product Development and Professional Services developers to resolve complex technical issues related to projects
• Training clients on Architect SDK – onsite and local
• Leading internal technical development training sessions
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- High School graduate/GED
- Minimum 2+ years of practical experience designing and building innovative, intuitive, secure and responsive applications and software
- Knowledge of C#, ASP .NET
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics
• Proficiency with software development tools like the following: Microsoft Visual Studio, Pforce Source Control, Araxis Merge (or another text file comparison tool), Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer.
• Experience delivering high volume, mission critical web sites such as Online Banking
• Previous experience conducting training sessions in varied formats
• Familiar with Credit Union host data systems such as Symitar or Summit
• Previous work experience with the banking and financial industry as it relates to Internet home banking applications is a plus.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Role may be performed remotely in the United States; not eligible in Colorado.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.