First Book is temporarily working remote due to Covid-19 & has a mandatory vaccination policy (medical and religious exemptions permitted)
About First Book:
First Book (https://firstbook.org) believes that education offers children the best possible path out of poverty. Since 1992, First Book has distributed more than 200 million books and educational materials to children from low-income families. Reaching 5 million children from birth to age 18 annually, First Book has built the country’s largest and fastest growing network of educators serving kids in need. Today First Book reaches over 510,000 educators nationwide with an additional 1,000 joining every week. In addition to our work in the United States, First Book also distributed books to children in more than 30 countries last year.
A recognized leader in social enterprise, First Book harnesses the power of the private sector to advance social change. First Book has also been highlighted for its innovation and impact by the Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, the World Economic Forum and in case studies at Columbia Business School, Wharton Business School, the Yale School of Management, and the London School of Economics. Finally, Charity Navigator recently awarded First Book its highest rating, including a perfect score for Accountability & Transparency.
About the Position:
First Book’s Marketing and Communications team is looking for a marketing expert with strong strategic marketing and project management skills to join our team as a Marketing Manager, Partnerships. Our future team member will be an independent, communicative, and multi-skilled critical thinker who will help the MarComm team lead marketing elements and communications for several major partnership initiatives. Specifically, we need someone to manage marketing elements of our long-term Strategic Alliances and Non-Profit Partner campaigns, working with other MarComm team members to coordinate and oversee campaign needs like social media, digital assets, toolkits, media outreach and other campaign deliverables as defined by the partnership. Additionally, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for monitoring and reporting campaign success, communicating between internal and external teams, and handling aspects of brand management.
The candidate will be someone with a demonstrated ability to meet organizational and campaign goals, supervising the process from strategy/conception through execution. This individual must be a skilled marketer who is comfortable with project management, writing content for the web and social, and able to communicate effectively with internal and external clients. This role will also be responsible for serving as point person for client webinars with planning and execution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage marketing campaigns supporting corporate and non-profit partners• Serve as project manager and lead for marketing elements of identified partnerships
• Provide critical thinking and strategy for development of campaign elements to support partnerships
• Develop and manage digital assets for campaigns
• Develop and manage on-site collateral and branding for in-person events
• Work with MarComm team for execution of campaign deliverables
• Coordinate between internal and external teams, communicating needs or updates
• Track campaign deliverables and report on success of a campaign
• Explore opportunities in social, public relations, content marketing to further support partnerships + campaigns
2. Effectively project manage marketing/PR for corporate/non-profit partner campaigns• Create a process to track, report, and share status of all marketing related to corporate partner campaigns
• Serve as the lead for new partnerships, helping to delegate requests and execution of marketing deliverables
• Work with teams across the organization to share campaign success
• Assist the partnership teams to create effective marketing concepts and strategies, that closely align with organizational and team goals
3. As part of the Marketing and Communications team, support First Book’s overall marketing strategy — a cross-platform, measurable and effective communications effort• Using your strategic marketing skills, work with MarComm team as well as partners across the organization, to manage and develop (or support development of) printed and digital collateral, including presentations, sell-sheets, one-pagers, and annual report
• Support the organization on the following:
o Content writing, campaign assets
o Provide assistance, as needed, for Canadian team in message development and branding
• Track and manage project deliverables, ensuring on-time delivery
• Apply expert project management skills to establish and reorder priorities as needed to accommodate the dynamic nature of our work, both generally and given First Book’s rapid growth
• Account for project costs, with variance to budget if appropriate
• Be available for execution support and oversight outside of designated business hours, should the need arise, and proactively check for communication
• Assist, as needed, on supervision of outside graphics and use of First Book branding
4. Build personal marketing knowledge and expertise:• Stay curious about trends and developments in marketing, innovative campaigns, and non-profit marketing, watching other similar organizations for examples
• Working with Director of Marketing and Communications, provide regular feedback and insight on content trends and performance to First Book leadership. Includes direction of regular, thorough reports on First Book’s campaign efforts and impact.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
• Extensive knowledge of digital marketing, current trends, with additional experience in campaign management
• Expertise in data analysis, campaign tracking, and strategic marketing plans
• Expertise in project management or organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
• Experience in design and branding preferred
• Strong content creation skills with knowledge of audience analysis, social media, and web content; SEO knowledge preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills; proficient editor and proofreader
• Cause marketing experience is a plus
• Team player with an excellent sense of humor and understanding of how to build rapport with teammates and clients.
• 5+ years of experience in marketing, project management, and corporate communications
• B.A./B.S. in marketing, business, or a related field
• Experience in external vendor and client management
• Technical skills required: Canva or Photoshop/InDesign, Pardot
• Experience with data analysis and Google Analytics. Experience with HTML a plus.
All full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
• Hybrid work environment – can work from home and office
• Dental & medical insurance
• Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage
• Vacation leave
• Sick leave
• Eleven Annual Holidays
• 401K and employer matching pension contribution
• Transportation benefits
Candidates are invited to submit a resume, and a cover letter that details your interest in the position to http://firstbook.force.com/careers. If you need assistance applying, please reach out to us at email@example.com / 202-499-5935.
See what First Book has been up to!: