About First Book:
First Book (https://firstbook.org) believes that education offers children the best possible path out of poverty. Since 1992, First Book has distributed more than 200 million books and educational materials to children from low-income families. Reaching 5 million children from birth to age 18 annually, First Book has built the country’s largest and fastest growing network of educators serving kids in need. Today First Book reaches over 500,000 educators nationwide with an additional 1,000 joining every week. In addition to our work in the United States, First Book also distributed books to children in more than 30 countries last year.
A recognized leader in social enterprise, First Book harnesses the power of the private sector to advance social change. First Book has also been highlighted for its innovation and impact by the Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, the World Economic Forum and in case studies at Columbia Business School, Wharton Business School, the Yale School of Management, and the London School of Economics. Finally, Charity Navigator recently awarded First Book its highest rating, including a perfect score for Accountability & Transparency.
· Develop and enhance software applications and custom modules within Magento eCommerce platform.
· Research, develop logic, test, and deploy Magento/PHP software applications. Modify and build software base, utilize extensions in Magento Marketplace.
· Analyze, modify and develop integrations with Magento platform to other systems in IT infrastructures and third-party sites.
· Rest, Content Management Systems, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), jQuery, JSON,
· Agile Scrum, Payment Gateways.
*Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field plus two years of experience in the job offered or in software development required.
*Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field plus five years of progressive experience in the job offered or in software development also acceptable.
To Apply: Candidates are invited to submit a resume and a cover letter detailing their interest to http://firstbook.force.com/careers . No phone calls please.