First Book is temporarily working remote due to Covid-19 & has a mandatory vaccination policy (medical and religious exemptions permitted)
About First Book:
First Book (https://firstbook.org) believes that education offers children the best possible path out of poverty. Since 1992, First Book has distributed more than 200 million books and educational materials to children from low-income families. Reaching 5 million children from birth to age 18 annually, First Book has built the country’s largest and fastest growing network of educators serving kids in need. Today First Book reaches over 510,000 educators nationwide with an additional 1,000 joining every week. In addition to our work in the United States, First Book also distributed books to children in more than 30 countries last year.
A recognized leader in social enterprise, First Book harnesses the power of the private sector to advance social change. First Book has also been highlighted for its innovation and impact by the Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, the World Economic Forum and in case studies at Columbia Business School, Wharton Business School, the Yale School of Management, and the London School of Economics. Finally, Charity Navigator recently awarded First Book its highest rating, including a perfect score for Accountability & Transparency.
About the position: First Book is applying technology and business approaches to the challenge of providing all children in the US and Canada with access to books. First Book currently serves more than 390,000 Title I schools, afterschool initiatives, clinics, shelters, and a wide variety of other programs serving children in need. Though powerful, First Book is only reaching a small fraction of the approximately 2 million programs and Title I classrooms eligible for our help. We have exciting opportunities to use technology to serve more and more of these programs and are looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with First Book cross-functional teams; gather and document requirements, conduct process walk through meetings, perform gap analysis, and create final business requirements for assigned projects
• Create documents such as (data, flow, use case) diagrams, user stories and use cases, and wireframes to describe and articulate business requirements
• Liaise with business owners and IT to organize, prioritize, and get feedback on business requirements in a way that IT can understand and act on
• Perform independent validation and verification testing of documented business requirements
• Conduct and support User Acceptance Testing including establish/document/validate UA procedures and standards
Required Business Analyst skills (and experience):
• Solid working knowledge and understanding of Agile business analysis methods
• Excellent communication with proven writing skills
• Outstanding facilitation skills
• Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving
• Strong workplace organizational skills
• College degree or equivalent work/technical experience
Additional skills (and experience):
• Detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Willingness to work in a structured team environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and solid communication with all levels of an organization
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
• Working knowledge of Magento eCommerce is desirable
• Working knowledge of Salesforce is desirable
Candidates are invited to submit a resume, and a cover letter that details your interest in the position. If you need assistance applying please contact us: 202-499-5935 .