Finix is on a mission to create the most accessible fintech market in history. To do so, we are building the global operating system for fintech. We’re rewriting the financial services industry, one API at a time, to lower barriers to entry, drive competition, and make the financial system more equitable and accessible to all businesses around the world.
Finix is unique in the market. We build payments infrastructure for vertically-focused software companies (think restaurant, yoga studio, and winery software) and fintech providers so they can own and monetize payments without the heavy lift of building complex systems from scratch or relying entirely on disjointed third-party services. Our job is to make our customers’ lives easier by making payments invisible.
About the role
The Engineering team owns the delivery and stability of our product end-to-end. The Engineering team owns our customers’ ability to capture revenue through our platform. The Sr. Software Engineer role centers around envisioning superior technical solutions to our customers’ payment needs, leading its implementation, and continuously ensuring reliable service to our customers. You will have broad autonomy and responsibility for formulating the best solution possible and working with your peers to deliver your vision. Finix is looking for a team member to join our Engineering team who brings exceptional technical acumen, attention to detail, interest to grow, and an obsession with building excellent scalable software.
- Deep dive into our customers’ needs, and work with product management to define new services
- Own the technical vision, implementation, best practices and infrastructure within your domain
- Develop close relationships with product management and peer engineers
- Become an expert in your payments domain and mentor junior software engineers
- Proactively improve our architecture, frameworks, tooling, automation, and best practices
- Comfortable continuously delivering code, infrastructure, and tests throughout the product development lifecycle
- Able to lead proposals, design and architect systems through research into use cases
- Obsessed with finding edge cases, understanding requirements, and design implications
- Proactive in monitoring running systems and troubleshooting production issues
- Committed to communicating and working cross-functionally with other teams to ensure the delivery of quality code and features
- Experience with several life-cycles building systems using Java.
- Implemented secure APIs, highly available and observable services.
- Strong multitasking skills and can manage competing priorities.
- Raised the bar on every project you were involved in.
Finix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.