The Project Engineer, Class Design Services position is responsible for managing Class Design Services for Marinette Marine’s MMSC Program. The Project Engineer is responsible for coordinating “matrixed” support between the other two main groupings of the Engineering Department: Functional Engineering and Detail Design as well as subcontractors and other assigned FMM personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include conducting special studies, analysis, trade-off and documentation in support of all FMM Programs including the following (other duties may be assigned):
· This position supports the MMSC Program, specifically the program management team responsible for the Class Design Services contracts;
· Plans and formulates engineering program; reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications
· Acts as Liaison between LM Engineering & Fincantieri
· Support Detailed Design & Analysis Activities of MMSC Ship Class from Navy, LM and Subcontractors
· Ship check as applicable to the new proposed changes and verifications of design issues.
· Reading and comprehending ship systems Structural, mechanical and electrical drawings and work specifications is a fundamental requirement/responsibility of this position
· Ability to grasp technical and logistical aspects of ship design and construction to support decisions and issue resolution as they impact contracts, schedules, and budgets
· Ability to quickly respond to ship engineering and design inquiries with a technical recommendation
· Ability to complete tasks with minimal direction once familiar with available resources
· The Project Engineer will support Ship Functional & Detail Design Synchronization and Production Coordination within the LM Team and with the Navy Customer
· The Project Engineer will support Navy Customer directed change incorporation and resolution of issues encountered during construction with the LM Team and Customer by reviewing layouts or details of equipment, mechanisms, structures, and shipboard alterations to systems
· The Project Engineer ensures that customer requirements are implemented and reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies
· Will support incorporation of Ship Post-Delivery Feedback into Future and Existing Ship Design & Construction
· Will support Post-Delivery transition availabilities with Future and Existing Ship Design & Construction Information
· Attend and participate in meetings to support efforts involving design and production
· Must abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
· Work closely with the Program Management Team, other Engineering Managers, and subcontractor leads to ensure adequate communication of plan(s).
· Maintain the Engineering supplemental work schedule for all subcontractor activities.
Planning and Execution of all Class Design Services scope supporting MMSC. Contract scope includes execution of Engineering or Design Special Studies, Class Baseline Documentation, Post Baseline Configuration, Engineering Liaison Services, Conduct of Logistics support, Reliability, Maintainability and Availability, Root Cause Investigation and Analysis, etc. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· The Engineering Class Design Services must have as a minimum Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering of Naval Architect or equivalent technical discipline with at least 5 years of directly applicable Project Engineering or Project Management experience. In lieu of a B.S. degree, applicants must have a High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 10 years of directly applicable Project Engineering or Project Management experience.
· Additional supervisory and or management experience are a plus.
· Familiarity with Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical equipment operated on Naval vessels.
· Familiarity with typical Regulatory Body Requirements associated with the shipbuilding industry (i.e. ABS, 46 CFR, IEEE, and The US Coast Guard) is desired.
· Must be eligible for a Security Clearance (U.S.)
· Understanding of Ship Qualification Test and Procedures is preferred.
· Knowledge of ship terminology, safety, and OSHA regulations
· Knowledge of ship structures
· Understanding of Functional and Detailed Design Artifacts
· Personal competencies should include strong time management and complex problem solving.
· Use of AutoDesk products such as AutoCAD, Ship constructor and Navisworks
· Knowledge of Naval Vessels Requirements and American Shipbuilding Standards is preferred.
· Familiarity with Naval shipbuilding design and construction
· Familiarity with reviewing technical requirements, verifications requirements and assessing design compliance
· Must have strong Microsoft Office Suites computer skills.
· Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
· Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Ownership and Accountability
· Team Work and Collaboration
· Business Discipline
· Sense of Urgency
· Continuous Improvement
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally stand or walk; use hands to handle materials or equipment; reach with hands and arms; stoop and kneel; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee’s workspace is in a clean and comfortable climate-controlled setting with little to no exposure to the moving equipment, elements, extreme conditions, or risk of injury. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. When entering the shipyard, the work environment is not climate-controlled and there is exposure to moving equipment, etc.
Fincantieri Marinette Marine (FMM) believes it is our responsibility to ensure that each of us works safely and productively, goes home healthy, and considers the environment in their actions, each and every day. Management is committed to providing a safe and healthy work setting, and protecting the environment as a key tenet of our culture and a primary mission. All employees are required to adhere to ISO and OHSAS policies established by FMM and shall have high values for safety awareness and be mindful of environmental impacts associated with each job task.
Fincantieri Marinette Marine offers competitive pay with benefits in a growth-oriented environment. Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply. Apply online at https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2155013&d=FMGExternal&r=5000705122406#/
Fincantieri Marinette Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment. Minorities, Women, Veterans and Disabled are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.