Company Description: Financial Technology Partners (aka “FT Partners”) is the only investment banking firm focused exclusively on the financial technology sector. We broadly define the sector as the dynamic convergence of technology-based solutions and financial services. FT Partners was recently recognized as “Dealmaker of the Year” and “Investment Banking Firm of the Year” by The M&A Advisor.
The firm was founded by Steve McLaughlin, Managing Partner, formerly a senior investment banker in Goldman Sachs & Co.’s Financial Technology Group and Financial Institutions Group in New York and San Francisco. The firm’s Founder and senior bankers are all highly experienced investment bankers formerly with the financial technology, M&A and investment banking groups of Goldman Sachs & Co in New York, San Francisco, London and Los Angeles.
Role Description: The Summer Analyst internship is a 10-week program that begins in June 2022. Summer Analysts within Research will learn a significant amount about the investment banking process as well as the “in and outs” of the merger and the acquisition and private capital raising processes.
What are the unique opportunities of this role?
This is an unparalleled opportunity working at an elite investment bank. Our research and analysis has been featured on Bloomberg, the Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones, and the Financial Times and is regularly viewed by CEOs and industry leaders. FT Partners’ unique insight into FinTech is a direct result of successfully executing hundreds of transactions combined with over 14 years of exclusive focus on the FinTech sector. In this role, you will work side-by-side with deal teams.
- Support high priority business development activities by identifying high growth companies and performing high level valuations and priority assessments
- Research significant M&A and private capital raising transactions and produce high quality / high visibility reports
- Work closely with senior bankers on developing and implementing business development strategies and facilitate dialog with CEO/CFO/Board level contacts
- Research all aspects of private equity firms, including their portfolio companies and investment strategies
- Maintain proprietary database records and identify potential new business opportunities
- Gain subject matter expertise in the FinTech industry and develop high impact, client facing reports on investment trends and acquisitions in this space
- Learn and apply basic financial analysis concepts and skills
- Create and assist in the execution of marketing for deal announcements
- Gain valuable first-hand experience with Investment Banking concepts and exposure to senior level investment banking team members
- Rising Juniors with a graduation date of December 2022 – June 2023
- All degrees considered, Finance, Economics or Accounting preferred
- GPA 3.30 or greater
- Strong interest in finance, consulting, and research
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and a drive for excellence
- Team player, self-motivated, and entrepreneurial
- Strong data management and research skills
- High attention to detail
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required
- FT Partners will not sponsor applicants for work visas at application or in the future
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered
Why FT Partners?
- Managing Partner and Managing Directors formerly of Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Raymond James, and SunTrust
- Award-winning execution; Investment Bank of the Year / Boutique of the Year Awards (among many others)
- Executing both billion dollar and early stage / high-growth VC transactions
- Excellent career path, strong and competitive compensation
- Unparalleled deal flow with premier client base
- Access to world-class executives at high-growth companies
- Dominant footprint in the one of largest sectors: financial technology
- Top-notch financial sponsor relationships
- Close-knit, rapidly growing team
Selected transactions include advising:
- Heartland Payments in its $4.5 billion sale to Global Payments (NYSE: GPN)
- Assurance IQ in its $3.5 billion sale to Prudential (NYSE: PRU)
- Mercury Payment in its $2.0 billion sale to Vantiv (NYSE:VNTV)
- SquareTrade in its $1.4 billion sale to Allstate (NYSE:ALL)
- Finicity in its $985 million sale to Mastercard (NYSE: MA)
- Interswitch in its $200 million minority investment led by Visa
- Checkout.com in its $230 million minority investment from Insight, DST, GIC, and others
- CardConnect in its $750 million sale to First Data (NYSE:FDC)
- GreenSky in its $300 million minority investment led by DST, TPG, Wellington Management, and Iconiq
- Instamed in its $500+ million sale to JP Morgan (NYSE: JPM)
- BlueVine in its $102 million minority investment led by ION
- Stone in its $1.4 bn IPO
- FleetOne in its $369mm sale to WEX (NYSE:WEX)
- AvidXchange in its $300 million financing from MasterCard (NYSE:MA), CDPQ, Temasek and Peter Thiel
- Automated Trading Desk in its $680 million sale to Citigroup (NYSE:C)
- Custom House Ltd. in its $370 million sale to Western Union (NYSE:WU)
- Addepar in its $140 million financing from Valor Equity Partners, 8VC and Harald McPike
- Automatic in its $115 million sale to SiriusXM (NASDAQ: SIRI)
- GoCardless in its $75 million minority investment from Adams Street Partners and Google Ventures
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Financial Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.