Structure Design Engineer in Training
Structure Design E.I.T.:
- Makes technical assumptions, thinks independently to complete assigned work, and draws engineering conclusions.
- Contributes to studies, reports, plans, specifications and cost estimates
- Participates in structural computations and analysis of concrete and steel structures and conducts calculation checks.
- Performs assignments designed to develop professional knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and codes
- Provides design inputs and reviews of other engineer’s projects.
- Designs drawings, specifications, reports, and other project deliverables.
- Participates as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions, and leading on issues where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering required obtained from an accredited U.S. college or university, preferably one of the premier civil engineering programs in the U.S.
- O-2 years’ experience in the analysis and design of structures required.
- MS Degree with one-year experience acceptable.
- Registered E.I.T preferred.
- Must be on a track for attaining a Professional Engineering (PE) registration
- Knowledge and practical experience with some CAD software required, MicroStation preferred.
- Knowledge and practical experience with design software as LeapConcrete, SAP2000, SoFiSTik, etc. required
- Demonstrated qualities of leadership and hard work.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents, drawings and specifications
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail and can work in a fast-paced environment; an eagerness to learn and apply your engineering skills to develop creative problem-solving designs/ideas
- Strong commitment to high standards, integrity and ethics