Roadway Design Engineer in Training
Roadway Design E.I.T. Duties:
- Perform highway designs and plan production of complex highways, Railroads and Runways.
- Performs design checks by consultants and subconsultants to Ferrovial
- Contributes to develop design optimizations.
- Perform studies on applicable specifications for performing the specified work in the plans.
- Estimates of quantities (Including generation of quantities and performing Quality checks on quantities by consultants).
- Supports workload deadlines for on time submittals
- Assists on field observation work when necessary.
- Performs other duties as needed related to the scope of work described above.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering obtained from an accredited U.S. college or university, preferably one of the premier civil engineering programs in the U.S.
- 0-2 years of experience in the design of freeways, interstate highways, and interchanges
- Registered E.I.T preferred
- Must obtain a Professional Engineering (PE) registration.
- Knowledge and experience with MicroStation, InRoads and/or Geopak, and other applicable software common to the field of transportation engineering
- Demonstrated qualities of leadership and hard work
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents, drawings and specifications
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail and can work in a fast-paced environment; an eagerness to learn and apply your engineering skills to develop creative problem-solving designs/ideas
- Strong commitment to high standards, integrity and ethics