The candidate will bring strong organic chemistry, synthetic chemistry and/or medicinal chemistry expertise to the department of discovery chemistry and contribute to small molecule drug discovery project strategy and its execution. She/he will lead from the lab front potentially managing additional CRO resources in synthetic chemistry/medicinal chemistry. The candidate will work with multidisciplinary research teams from in vitro/in vivo pharmacology, CADD, DMPK, Tox and CMC to achieve project goals.
- The candidate will develop scientific leadership especially in area of medicinal chemistry through project execution within a multidisciplinary setting, in combination with internal and external training and by keeping up current literature.
- The candidate is expected to design small molecules and execute their potentially challenging synthesis to explore their biological activities as potential drug candidates. She/He will provide technical leadership in synthetic organic chemistry and medicinal chemistry and often direct external CRO resources.
- Strong collaborative teamwork skills are required to work with multidisciplinary scientists from in vitro/in vivo biology/pharmacology, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics, toxicology, and structural biology/chemistry.
- This position requires strong oral and written communication skills.
- It is a requirement of this position to contribute to a safe and effective working environment and hold high standard in occupational safety.
- Act as an ambassador for discovery chemistry internally and externally, and to contribute to its growth through participation in recruitment of external talent and development of internal colleagues.
- PhD in organic chemistry, synthetic chemistry, or medicinal chemistry, with 0-5 subsequent years of experience in the field. Postdoc experience is not required but highly desirable.
- Proficient in all aspects of modern synthetic chemistry with in-depth understanding of molecular interactions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A proactive self-starter with strong organizational and analytical skills with a strong team work spirit , able to lead by example within a matrix organization.
- Well-organized and strong resilience, with the ability to thrive in high pressure situations.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you need assistance during the application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com