Fergus Garber Architects is a residential firm of 20 located in Palo Alto, California. Our practice focuses on custom high end single family homes, with an appreciation for sustainability. Please visit our website at https://fg-arch.com/
JOB TITLE: JOB CAPTAIN/ARCHITECT 1 (3-6 years of experience)
· Under the supervision of a project manager or principal, develops the design and leads the documentation through all phases of project
· Identifies design issues, offers design solutions, and manages complex coordination tasks
· Coordinates with project team, client, consultants, and contractors in a professional manner
· Responds to RFIs, submittals, and shop drawings
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· 3-6 years of experience in custom single family residential
· B Arch or M Arch degree from a NAAB-accredited architecture program
· Very strong design and graphic skills with an ability to express ideas real-time through hand sketching
· Fluent with BIM and other software programs, ArchiCAD (preferred but not required)
· An excellent communicator, who is not afraid to ask questions, and has experience working in a collaborative office environment
· Excited to take on new responsibilities and has the ability and experience to manage up, down and across
· Comfortable working in our current fluid workplace environment that currently is a hybrid work setup – 3 days in the office, 2 days at home.
If you meet these qualifications, we encourage you to apply with your resume, cover letter, and portfolio of work to: email@example.com
To be considered, you must respond in the body of your email with answers to the following questions:
1. Identify your first name and your last name. (First name: X Last name: X)
2. From which school did you graduate, what year, and with what degree?
3. After graduating, how many years have you worked in a professional architecture office? (Do not include internships while in school)
4. Do you need visa sponsorship in order to work? If so, please state which visa is
5. Where are you currently located? If not currently local, are you willing to relocate in order to be present in our Palo Alto office?
6. Why are you interested in Fergus Garber Architects?
7. How did you first hear about Fergus Garber Architects?
ABOUT FGA: Fergus Garber Architects (https://fg-arch.com/) understands the importance of working on projects from inception to completion and strives to build successful design teams that foster an atmosphere of creative thought and professional development. Our award-winning work spans many styles and scales, and we’re looking for talented and well-rounded staff to join our team. We have an on-staff environmental engineer who provides guidance on current best practices for sustainability. We provide a high level of attention and management to residential clients that have a long term interest in their property. Our clients value our ability to understand them. We create beautiful homes in a range of architectural styles that both we and our clients are proud of. The essential qualities of good architecture: strong plans, good proportions, and high attention to detail are the foundation of our work.
Current Working Environment at FGA: FGA is located in Santa Clara County. Our employees are the most important aspect of our business and we value them as such. We closely follow the county regulations for COVID-19. We utilize a hybrid format for attendance in the office and working from home, with employees working in the office a few days a week to allow for comradery and collaboration while still providing ample physical space for each individual. Only those who are fully vaccinated are able to come into the office. Employees with elevated health risks will not participate in our in-office work schedule. We utilize online organizational systems and tools to help emulate the open, collaborative studio conditions that we all enjoy under normal circumstances.
WHY JOIN FGA?:
· Great people and great projects!
· AIA Silicon Valley Firm Award, 2018
· Competitive salary and bonuses
· Health, dental, vision, & life insurance
· Company contributions (match) to Simple IRA retirement savings accounts
· Generous paid vacation and holiday benefits
· Allowance for Professional Development and Reimbursement for passed ARE tests
· Bonus after completing exams for architect license
· Annual membership to professional organizations such as AIA and NCARB
· Office supports employees to attend National AIA convention and Monterey Design Conference
· The entire firm visits all office project job sites together
· Office eats lunch together every Tuesday
· Pre-tax dollars for public transit cost, bicycle commute allowance and in-house bicycle parking
· Walking distance to Caltrain station and convenient places to eat lunch
· Endless snacks
· Happy hours and flexible work schedule