FSRI is always looking for candidates that want to make a positive impact on the community we serve in!
Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for underserved individuals, families and communities. We are proud to state that our employees are chosen for their skills and unique abilities relating to client care. Consider being a part of the BEST and BRIGHTEST team!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: An exciting position as a full-time special educator working in a self-contained classroom as a co-teacher with six students grades 3-4.
This is a 225-day program with competitive salary and benefits. Extensive training and supervision provided. Be part of a multi-faceted, dynamic treatment team! Starting virtually, but intend to be live within weeks!
- Experience with ED/BD children preferred.
- Must be RIDE certified as an Elementary/Middle School Special Educator.
- Special education certificate required.
This position requires attendance of field trips and possible home visits on occasion. Employees in this position must have the ability to:
- Travel to and from community locations and office site, which could include using walkways, stairs and/or elevators.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to communicate by voice, use sight and hearing.
- Ability to participate in physical crisis intervention with students as needed.
Receive a Sign-on Bonus in the amount of $1000.00 within 1 year of employment!
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits. Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities.
Join our team today!
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.