FSRI is always looking for candidates that want to make a positive impact on the community we serve in!
This is a temporary position.
Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for under served individuals, families and communities. We are proud to state that our employees are chosen for their skills and unique abilities relating to client care. Consider being a part of the BEST and BRIGHTEST team.
Works collaboratively with the Director to successfully implement the Be Safe program. This position requires hands on involvement in the program work as well as managing the day to day operations of the program including supervision of the program staff and volunteers. Program work includes packaging and delivering Be Safe kits consisting of supplies and food to Rhode Islanders across the state. The Coordinator will possess a positive demeanor, integrity, empathy, nonjudgmental attitude and is culturally sensitive to the needs of the program. He/she is responsible to establish and maintain positive collaborative relationships with all FSRI staff, including all departments and programs, to ensure appropriate implementation of the Be Safe program. The Coordinator reports directly to the Community Engagement Director who supervises the Coordinator and has primary responsibility for program oversight and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation and proof of automobile insurance required.
- Bilingual English-Spanish highly desired but not required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google, and Excel
- Experience including the following:
- Demonstrated success in multitasking and working in a busy work environment
- Managing a team
- Prior program management and/or supervision preferred
- Must have:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent professional communication style required, both verbal and written
- Excellent critical-thinking skills and ability to problem-solve effectively
Physical Requirements: This position requires residential and community visits, employees in this position must have the ability to:
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
- Travel to and from different office locations which could include using walkways, stairs and/or elevators.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits. Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities. Join our team today!
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.