FSRI is always looking for candidates that want to make a positive impact on the community we serve in!
Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for underserved individuals, families and communities. We are proud to state that our employees are chosen for their skills and unique abilities relating to client care. Consider being a part of the BEST and BRIGHTEST team!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Program Assistant position requires an individual who is able to perform a variety of administrative/clerical tasks efficiently. The Program Assistant must be highly organized, proficient in technology, work well with people of all ethical, social, and economic backgrounds; demonstrate a high level of energy, and have the ability to work under pressure and with frequent interruptions. They must also be able to take initiative and use sound judgment.
- Manage the main office – answering the phone, fielding basic information requests, and taking phone messages.
- Recruit, orient, and oversee volunteers.
- Maintain accurate volunteer records.
- Identify and track all maintenance concerns, work with Program Manager to prioritize work orders, identify budget, timeline, and to schedule work.
- Serve as the primary staff person who maintains HMIS records.
- Serve as a liaison for all PQI and COA activities and initiatives.
- Assist residents, visitors and donors that come to the building.
- Responsible for management of donations and procurement.
- Provide basic daily support to residents – preparing shopping lists, identifying transportation needs, accessing donations as needed.
- Produce timely and high quality correspondence, reports, and other documents required by Lucy’s Hearth.
- Respond to routine correspondence.
- Coordinate with the finance department to ensure proper handling of all accounts payable and receivable.
- Performs donor database administration including: data entry, producing report and other related correspondence in a consistent and timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and accessible records as required by our Federal and State contracts.
- Assist the Program Director with conferences, meetings, training, and client information management.
- Participate in data entry and aggregate data collection as required.
- Perform other relevant duties and shifts as requested by the Program Director.
- Excellent organizational, computer skills, and customer skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to organize self and others; to work independently and to take initiative; to prioritize and to proceed logically.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to organize large meetings/functions as well as educate the general public regarding Lucy’s Hearth’s policies and services.
- The position requires reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires residential and community visits, employees in this position must have the ability to:
- Travel to and from community locations and office site, which could include using walkways, stairs and/or elevators.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits.
Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities. Join our team today!
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.