FSRI is always looking for candidates that want to make a positive impact on the community we serve in!
Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for underserved individuals, families and communities. We are proud to state that our employees are chosen for their skills and unique abilities relating to client care. Consider being a part of the BEST and BRIGHTEST team!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: Staff will work collaboratively with FSRI’s team members as an extension of medical practices, referral sources and internal programs to support recovery and overall wellness efforts and advocate patients. Primary responsibilities include completing screening and other indicated tools; such as: Screening Brief Intervention and Referral Treatment (SBIRT) screenings; assessments; and individualized plans to address/ameliorate social determinant of health barriers. Staff will provide advocacy, care coordination, and mentorship. Services are provided virtually, in patient’s homes, health care sites, community locations and at other agency sites. The PRS/CHW must have lived experience in recovery.
- Conduct a full needs assessment utilizing standardized tools for assigned patients.
- Create and assist the patient with setting goals and creating individualized plans.
- Locating, providing warm hand-offs, and securing resources for patients.
- Advocate within medical and provider systems to promote person-centered recovery/wellness.
- Link and refer individuals to appropriate culturally relevant resources and informal supports within their community.
- Provide coordinated care and monitoring through contact with individuals, medical entities, community providers and referral sources.
- Utilize specific outcome measurement screening tools; including SBIRT, GPRA and others in accordance with the protocol outlined at the SBIRT training.
- Teach self-advocacy skills.
- Complete all required data collection, data entry, patient information and other documentation via agency EMR and other required sources within established guidelines and timeframes.
- Maintain or exceed productivity expectations.
- Recognize and maintain professional and personal boundaries.
- Complete training required for position including all certifications within six months.
- Ability to complete telehealth appointments and other administrative tasks in a private area within own residence as needed.
- Transport patients as needed.
- Participate in ongoing supervision and meetings.
- Active certification as a Peer Recovery Specialist and/or Community Health Worker through the Rhode Island Certification Board preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred, High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Two years of continuous recovery time.
- Ability to meet all requirements to be certified as a Peer Recovery Specialist and a Community Health Worker within the first 6 months of employment.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- An understanding and belief in harm reduction and the recovery process required.
- Ability to provide services virtually, in patient’s homes, primary health care sites, community locations and at other agency sites.
- Ability to have a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends when indicated.
- Cultural sensitivity necessary to work with a diverse patient population.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and auto insurance.
- Basic knowledge and use of Microsoft Office and other virtual platforms.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires residential and community visits, employees in this position must have the ability to:
- Travel to and from community locations and agency sites, which could include using walkways, stairs and/or elevators.
- Obtain all necessary immunizations since the position requires working in healthcare settings.
- Follow professional dress codes of both FSRI and primary health care sites.
- Ability to use Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits. Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities. Join our team today!
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.