FSRI is always looking for candidates that want to make a positive impact on the community we serve in!
Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for underserved individuals, families and communities. We are proud to state that our employees are chosen for their skills and unique abilities relating to client care. Consider being a part of the BEST and BRIGHTEST team!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Provides high quality home visiting services to vulnerable families in accordance with Healthy Families America (HFA) model requirements. Partners with families to strengthen parent-child relationships, achieve positive child health outcomes, and improve family functioning. Ensures that model fidelity is maintained and carries out required activities as set forth by RI Dept. of Health contractual guidelines. Assists with facilitating groups, community outreach events, and developing relationships with community partners.
- Uses a variety of creative and persistent outreach methods to identify, engage, and retain expectant families and families with newborns.
- Determines eligibility for the program using the Parent Survey assessment tool.
- Administers specified screenings at required intervals to identify potential concerns relating to alcohol/substance use, domestic violence, mental health, parent child interaction, and child development.
- Actively supports families in accessing other needed resources, services, and supports in the community (providing transportation as needed.)
- Assists families with identifying, planning for, and monitoring progress towards individualized, family-driven goals.
- Provides services that focus on health, child development, parenting, social services, and other outcomes established for this program.
- Utilizes an evidence-informed curriculum to promote the parent-child relationship and optimize the home environment.
- Conducts visits in families homes or other community locations; establishes trusting and non-judgmental relationships with families; maintains appropriate professional boundaries.
- Effectively utilizes weekly reflective individual supervision and group case consultations.
- Completes all required documentation within required timeframes, demonstrates proficiency in using an electronic health record as well as program-specific software.
- Communicates and actively participates as a member of the HFA team; participates in meetings and quality management initiatives for FSRI.
- Attends all mandatory training required for HFA staff, including core training as required by the model and RI Dept. of Health; takes initiative for personal learning needs and areas of development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in Human Services, Child Development, Education or related field.
- Minimum 3 years experience with providing services to children and families or in a related setting.
- Experience working with culturally diverse communities/families and demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Enjoys and functions appropriately with long-term, ongoing projects; doesnt need immediate feedback or results for personal validation.
- Ability to provide services when families are available, which may include some weeknight or weekend hours.
- Working knowledge of state and community resources, able to effectively impart this knowledge to families.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required,
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Current drivers license, registration and auto insurance.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Attend additional required trainings as determined by FSRI, the RI Dept. of Health, and the HFA model.
- Travel to and from clients residence, community locations and office sites, which could include using walkways, stairs and/or elevators.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits. Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities. Join our team today!
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.