FSRI is always looking for candidates that want to make a positive impact on the community we serve in!
Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for underserved individuals, families and communities. We are proud to state that our employees are chosen for their skills and unique abilities relating to client care. Consider being a part of the BEST and BRIGHTEST team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Responsible for partnering with families and supporting the wraparound facilitator to do Wraparound with the family. May provide direct support and services for some families. Responsible for connecting families with other families with similar challenges and other community resources. The FSP will partner with and support families with children and youth who are at risk for abuse and neglect, who have serious emotional disturbance (SED) or a developmental disability (DD) and/or who have juvenile corrections involvement in the home and/or school setting. The FSP’s involvement with families is by family choice, as some families may either choose not to have a FSP or may not require it. The length of involvement is different with each family as the FSPs role is to empower the family toward self-efficacy.
- Wraparound Functions, including:
- Support, educate, encourage, empower and advocate for the family to use their voice and to express their views and choices;
- Support the Wraparound Facilitator with family engagement, building trust and orienting family members and others to the Wraparound process;
- Support wrap team integration and success;
- Encourage the process of collaboration;
- Connect family to natural resources, supports and community-based services that are culturally appropriate;
- Member of the Wrap Planning Team until the family is able to advocate for their individual needs and choices.
- Transport clients and family as needed.
- Documentation Management:
- Support data collection needs, such as gathering information for SNCD, Functional Assessment, and Pro Active Crisis Plan.
- Service Provision, Coordination, and Referral:
- Link and refer families to appropriate services and informal supports as needed;
- Provide basic parent education;
- Serve as a mediator and advocate for timely, individualized service provision to the family within the care planning process;
- May provide other family support services as assigned.
- As a peer mentor, to support the family empowerment and assist the family and agency representatives with understanding the Wraparound process and the varying perspectives of the team members;
- Assist families with access to parent advocacy organizations;
- Connect with other families with similar challenges and other supports to encourage success and continued self-efficacy;
- Educate parents on regulations and laws that support the rights of individuals with disabilities.
- Transport clients and family as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: The FSP is a peer mentor and must have:
- Experience parenting a child with serious emotional disturbance (SED) or a developmental disability (DD) and/or who has been involved with child welfare services or juvenile corrections.
- Knowledge and competencies needed to effectively support another parent or caregiver are needed.
- Wraparound training and certification are required but will be provided in-service at a later date.
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires residential and community visits, employees in this position must have the ability to:
- Travel to and from clients’ residence, community locations and office site, which could include using walkways, stairs and/or elevators.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs.
- Ability to communicate by voice, use sight and hearing.
Receive a Sign-on Bonus in the amount of $500.00 within 6 months of employment!
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits.
Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities.
Join our team today!
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.