This is a temporary position
FSRI is always looking for candidates that want to make a positive impact on the community we serve in!
Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for underserved individuals, families and communities. We are proud to state that our employees are chosen for their skills and unique abilities relating to client care. Consider being a part of the BEST and BRIGHTEST team.
Conduct screenings via phone and in person to provide COVID-19 related counseling support, education, screening/assessment of need, and linkage to other resources. Connect recipients with behavioral health treatment, basic needs support, and physical health resources to help them effectively cope with crises related to COVID 19 and its many impacts.
- BA degree in human service related field required.
- Prior experience in crisis counseling and emergency triage highly preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Additional language capacity highly preferred.
- Must be willing and able to complete required on line training specific to this position.
- Ability to provide supportive counseling and targeted assessment of needs relating to the COVID-19 emergency and resulting impacts.
- Ability to educate individuals and groups of people regarding the COVID-19 emergency and related issues including crisis responses as well as supports available to assist them with coping with the multiple, on-going impacts from COVID-19.
- Ability to use all MS Office programs, mainframe computer systems and Internet.
- Ability to work independently and as an interdependent team member.
- Ability to meet deadlines and timeframes regarding service provision, follow-up and documentation.
- Ability to provide services telephonically and virtually as well as in community locations and at FSRI sites.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits. Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities. Join our team today!
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.