FSRI is always looking for candidates that want to make a positive impact on the community we serve in!
Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for underserved individuals, families and communities. We are proud to state that our employees are chosen for their skills and unique abilities relating to client care. Consider being a part of the BEST and BRIGHTEST team!
CHA will complete individual needs assessments and care coordination for adults. CHA will also act as primary liaison and medical translator for the integrated behavioral health clinician in the health clinic. CHA will support the Nurse Care Manager in the site as well as conducting transitions of care assessments for high-risk patients. This position will require embedding full-time in a Providence Community Health Center (PCHC) site, that corresponds with the site’s operation and follow all required employment standards to work. The CHA will conduct Social Determinants of Health screenings as well as other clinic screenings as needed. Responsible for engaging clients; implementing screening tools; identify areas of need; develop action plans; ensure referrals are made to appropriately matched service to remove barriers to medical care. Service provision will be at PCHC and other community settings if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Spanish bilingual required; must pass online course on medical Spanish.Prior experience in primary care and behavioral health and/or crisis intervention preferred.
- Community Health Worker Certification preferred.
- Ability to meet all requirements to be certified as a Community Health Worker within the first 6 months of employment.
- Ability to provide services in primary health care sites and community locations.
- Ability to train colleagues to provide interventions and support to Primary Care sites with a focus on Population Health and Wellness preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as an interdependent team member.
- Ability to have a flexible schedule.
- Ability to engage various levels of medical providers in a consultative manner preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Physical Requirements: This position requires agency and community visits, employees in this position must have the ability to:
- Travel to and from community locations and agency sites, which could include using walkways, stairs and/or elevators.
- Obtain all necessary immunizations since the position requires working in healthcare settings.
- Obtain CPR Certification.
- Follow professional dress codes of both FSRI and primary health care sites.
- Ability to lift up to 201bs.
- Ability to use Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Receive a Sign-on Bonus in the amount of $500.00 within 6 months of employment!
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits.
Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities.
Join our team today!
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.