FSRI is always looking for candidates that want to make a positive impact on the community we serve in!
Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for underserved individuals, families and communities. We are proud to state that our employees are chosen for their skills and unique abilities relating to client care. Consider being a part of the BEST and BRIGHTEST team!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Responsible for providing home/community-based case management and/or behavioral support services to clients and their families. Advocates for the clients and families to access appropriate and necessary resources from Human Services and similar departments/agencies to improve the quality of their lives.
- Participate in client/family assessments.
- Collaborate with clinicians and other service providers to ensure client/family needs are being met and support the treatment teams’ work towards completion of treatment goals.
- Teach client/family self-advocacy skills.
- Provide crisis intervention services with, and on behalf of, client/family as needed.
- Build and maintain positive, working relationships with community organizations and service providers.
- Schedule appointments with client/family based on clients’ needs.
- Maintain confidentiality of client/family.
- Transport client and family as needed.
- Provide sensitivity to client/family cultural, ethnic, racial and socioeconomic issues and diversity.
- Serve as a positive role model to clients and colleagues.
- Maintain or exceed productivity expectations.
- Complete all professional and administrative documentation and forms in accordance with agency standards and within established guidelines and timeframes.
- Prepare for and participate in the Utilization Management process as scheduled.
- Participate in administrative supervision as scheduled.
- Complete ALL required agency trainings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written required.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of automobile insurance and registration required.
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish).
This position requires residential and community visits, employees in this position must have the ability to:
- Travel to and from clients’ residence, community locations and office site, which could include using walkways, stairs and/or elevators.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits. Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities. Join our team today!
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.