FSRI is always looking for candidates that want to make a positive impact on the community we serve in!
Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for underserved individuals, families and communities. We are proud to state that our employees are chosen for their skills and unique abilities relating to client care. Consider being a part of the BEST and BRIGHTEST team.
Conduct screenings via phone and in person to triage for client need. Connect clients with behavioral health treatment, basic needs support, and physical health resources based on need related to COVID 19 and beyond. Assess for risk and determine level of care and need. Provide ongoing support to current client’s including greeting clients, scheduling appointments, and ensuring active insurance for upcoming services.
- Triage potential clients via phone or in person, in the office or community.
- Determine needs of client/family and connect with programs internally and externally.
- Provide information and referral as part of the Intake and Triage Center via outreach and follow-up calls.
- Complete data entry for Intake programs in a timely manner to ensure correct client information is available.
- Collaborate with crisis team to ensure immediate response when needed.
- Complete all required documentation.
- Maintain contact with individuals, families and referral sources to assure requested assistance and referrals are completed.
- Act as community liaison for the department and the agency as a whole when needed.
- Provide language support and translation services in collaboration with internal programs and community partners (i.e. police, DCYF)
- Link and refer client/families to appropriate culturally relevant community – based resources and informal supports within their community when that is appropriate and sufficient to meet the families’ need(s)
- Manage the flow of referrals for case assignment to FSRI and partner agencies
- Provide on-going phone support to connect families with appropriate services
- Complete data collection and data entry as required
- Coordinate with DCYF and community agencies for referral purposes
- Participate in ongoing supervision and staff meetings.
- Checks clients in and out, to include scheduling and cancelling appointments, as well as, call clients to remind them of next day appointments
- Triage calls for clients who are in distress to ensure they are connected to the appropriate department.
- Addresses and collects copayments, as needed
- Verify client’s insurance to ensure insurance is active and up to date to cover services
- Notifies clinician/doctors/office manager/clinical administrator of any issues related to insurance and appointments.
- Actively participates in tracking authorizations to ensure reimbursement.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s level education or equivalent experience
- Medical office experience preferred
- Ability to educate clients regarding Family Service programs and policies.
- Ability to use all MS Office programs, mainframe computer systems and Internet.
- Ability to work independently and as an interdependent team member.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of Health Insurance requirements and financial implications.
- Prior experience in crisis intervention and emergency triage highly preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required. Additional language capacity (Portuguese/Creole) highly preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills: written, verbal and presentation skills required
- Ability to travel to various locations if necessary.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of auto insurance is a required.
This position requires agency and community visits, employees in this position must have the ability to:
- Travel to and from community locations and agency sites, which could include using walkways, stairs and/or elevators.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs.
Receive a Sign-on Bonus in the amount of $500.00 within 6 months of employment!
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits. Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities. Join our team today!
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.