FSRI is always looking for candidates that want to make a positive impact on the community we serve in!
Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for underserved individuals, families and communities. We are proud to state that our employees are chosen for their skills and unique abilities relating to client care. Consider being a part of the BEST and BRIGHTEST team!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Responsible for providing case management and/or behavioral support services to Central Falls or Pawtucket adults with suspected serious mental illness (SMI) or co-occurring mental health & substance use disorder (COD) identified by law enforcement aimed at diverting individuals from criminal justice involvement to community-based support and treatment services.
- Receives and processes client referrals from FSRI victim services staff and/or law enforcement within 48 hours.
- Assesses and identifies immediate needs and develops a service plan with the client.
- Facilitates and empowers client decision-making, self-management, and self-advocacy to assist in his/her/their overall health and wellbeing goals.
- Makes referrals and confirms client linkage to FSRI support and treatment programs, community-based social service agencies, mental health/substance misuse treatment providers, etc.
- Provides ongoing case management and care coordination through contact with the client, his/her/their families, medical entities, community providers and law enforcement to ensure the participants needs are being met.
- Provide crisis intervention services with, and on behalf of, the client, as needed.
- Assists clients in mitigating any barriers to treatment engagement.
- Schedule appointments with/for clients, as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of all clients.
- Provides sensitivity to client cultural, ethnic, racial and socioeconomic standing.
- Completes all necessary program, agency, and funder documentation and data collection/entry in a timely manner and aligned with established policies and procedures.
- Utilizes specific screening and assessment tools in accordance with program protocols.
- Serves as a positive role model to clients, colleagues, and community partners.
- Maintains or exceeds productivity expectations.
- Participants in agency-wide, department and program staff meetings.
- Participates in regularly scheduled supervision.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written required.
- Possession of a valid drivers license, reliable transportation, registration and proof of automobile insurance required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish verbal and written required.
- Flexible scheduling to meet client needs required.
- Position is 32 hours per week.
- Co-located at police department.
- A background check will be conducted by Pawtucket Police Department.
- Ability to travel to office and community locations to meet with clients
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to utilize a computer and Electronic Medical Record to complete documentation
Receive a Sign-on Bonus in the amount of $500.00 within 6 months of employment!
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits. Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities. Join our team today!
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.