FSRI is always looking for candidates that want to make a positive impact on the community we serve in!
Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for underserved individuals, families and communities. We are proud to state that our employees are chosen for their skills and unique abilities relating to client care. Consider being a part of the BEST and BRIGHTEST team!
Works collaboratively with Manager and management team to ensure safety, stability, and professional guidance to staff and to residents in our care that have been placed through the Department of Children, Youth and Families. This position requires the individual to promote leadership skills in order to properly supervise TST Milieu Counselors in the residential treatment setting. The Assistant Manager will possess a positive demeanor, integrity, empathy, nonjudgmental attitude and is culturally sensitive to the needs of the program. Monitor residential program with maintaining Trauma Systems Therapy (TST) in the milieu setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work-related field and/ or significant residential/childcare experience required, supervisory experience preferred
- Willingness and capability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as needed in any FSRI residential program.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural, socioeconomic and demographic issues
- Capabilities to implement appropriate behavior management techniques; including clinical verbal de-escalation and passive physical restraint
- Excellent communication skills
- Requires current driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of automobile insurance
- Travel to and from community locations, office sites, and program sites; which could include using walkways, stairs and/or elevators.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs
- Ability to communicate by voice, use sight and hearing
Receive a Sign-on Bonus in the amount of $500 within 6 months of employment!
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits. Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities. Join our team today!
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.